Sunday, June 11, 2006

Ok, I'm re-committing

This will be about blogging.

What is this urge that people feel to write about their most mundane experiences and trite observations? It's not only for documentation, but some sense that what I have to say is important, interesting, new. Solipsistic for sure... somehow my reality is the only and best reality.

There is something more communal about it as well. Something about connecting and sharing. Being so honest, so naked... but also maintaining a carefully clever distance.

Here I will share what I really think, and maybe it will resonate with some, and maybe not. Maybe I will be known through a semi-anonymous writing exercise that I bravely display to any and all, without revealing anything that I don't choose to reveal. Not that different than face-to-face experiences.

Or maybe it's just egoism and ridiculous. I guess the end will define the motive if not the means.

No comments: