Saturday, March 01, 2008

My ex-girlfriend

This is a copy of the letter I sent to Rep. Tammy Baldwin. I love her, I really do, but I guess we are having a lover's spat.



Dear Tammy,

I am a long time supporter of yours, I have contributed to your campaigns in the past, and volunteered. I have had numerous yard signs, bumper stickers, and pins with your name on them. I have met you a couple of times, and I think you are a smart, compassionate, genuine woman. I recently received an invitation to contribute to your 2008 election campaign, and I was about to write you a check when my partner told me that you are planning to cast your superdelegate vote to Hilary Clinton. This feels like a slap in my face. I am a Obama supporter, so it is a personal issue for me, but it is also a political issue. Why do you think that you are smarter than I am? Why is what you think more important than what I think? I have always admired your political integrity. Now I am questioning your motives. So, I am not sending a check, and I'm sure that my $50 won't matter much. But I guess I wanted you to know why.
Please reconsider your responsibility to the democrats in all of the counties in your district. Thank you for all of the good work that you do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Write on, sista! I'm shocked when super delegates do this. It's total bullshit!

And even though it seems hard now, I'm sure you two will work through this. Time is a gentle, soothing mistress.

zoloft mom said...

Good for you. Good for you!

I'm in California and have a crazy superdelegate over here trying to pull some of the same shit.